When it comes to moving large quantities of anything around the world, there are only 3 real ways of doing it – freight by rail, sea or air. And because there is such a high demand for their services, freight forwarding companies are often handling dozens if not hundreds of deliveries at any one time. And for each one of those orders there will be a stream of paperwork, from shipping notes to dangerous goods notices, waybills, bills of landing, proof of delivery, purchase orders and more. This alone would be a challenge to handle, but with multiple suppliers to collect from and thousands of destinations to deliver to, keeping track of it all can quickly turn into a logistical nightmare. But with an effective document automation solution, freight forwarding companies can speed up the documentation process, reduce errors and streamline their operations across the board.
The Features Of Document Automation For Freight
Process automation software comes built-in with a wide range of features and functionalities designed to tackle almost any business task. And because our solutions are completely bespoke, you can choose which features will be more useful for your business, from barcode capture to automated invoice processing. For example, our software can:
- Speed up invoice processing by digitising all invoices coming in and out, and automating their trail through the business. With document automation, freight companies can pre-programme where invoices should go, send them for electronic approval and store them with the relevant job number paperwork, making the storage and retrieval of logistics documentation for each project simple.
- Allow departments, employees and separate premises to communicate and collaborate seamlessly in real time. This means that departments can all work together on a single document, without the need to send copies back and forth and risk bringing in errors.
- Give managers and customer the ability to view, approve and sign paperwork instantly and digitally through a simple-to-access portal, rather than printing out multiple copies.
- Increase compliance with data protection and international shipping regulations through the use of process automation that has been pre-programmed to meet the criteria.
- Speed up service with features like automatic barcode capture, reducing the need for human intervention and freeing up valuable employee time.
- Reduce duplications and errors that can cause delays to shipments or problems with orders.
What Does Document Automation Do For Freight?
Put simply, implementing an effective document automation solution can make a real difference in almost every area of a freight business Our effective document automation solutions provides a powerful process automation solution for freight companies of any size by placing all of the documentation they need at their fingertips. Using a central document repository, freight companies can avoid creating multiple copies of documents, instead referencing the single digital copy. From scanning the initial documents or creation of digital ones, our document management software captures consignment related information and associates it with the container number or purchase order. This and other logistics documentation (such as proof of delivery documentation, which is scanned in on arrival) can be viewed by clients anytime through online portals, so customers receive a higher standard of up to date service.
Of course, these are just a few of the advantages freight and logistics companies can enjoy with document automation. Over the next few weeks we will be revealing more, so make sure you keep an eye out! For more, if you would like more information on how process automation could benefit your freight business, just get in touch with one of our team and book your free demo.